AVMA 2015 Convention: Ambassador Program
About the Ambassador Program
We are requesting assistance from AVMA members for welcoming, greeting, and assisting attendees as part of the Convention Ambassador Program at the 2015 AVMA Convention, held July 10-14 in Boston, Massachusetts at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center.
The Ambassador Program provides opportunities for AVMA members to volunteer at the Convention as a session Moderator or other role. In exchange for a minimum of 8 hours of time volunteered and filling out required surveys, the AVMA will reimburse your convention registration fee, post-convention.
These opportunities are open to both veterinarians and veterinary technicians! However, you must be a member of AVMA or NAVTA in order to be a Convention ambassador. International individuals may be members of their local or regional veterinary association in lieu of AVMA or NAVTA membership.
How to Sign Up
PLEASE NOTE: If you’re signing up to be an Ambassador, you still need to complete the AVMA Convention registration process (www.avmaconvention.org/register) and pay separately for the Convention.
Initial sign up instructions:
1. Select “Ambassador Program Opportunities Sign Up Now”
2. If you are a veterinarian, input your AVMA Membership ID and Last Name. (Don’t remember your ID? Go to https://ebusiness.avma.org/forgotuid.aspx and it will be sent to you.)
3. If you’re not a veterinarian, select “Click here to sign up as a Non-Veterinarian”
4. Then, select “Login”
5. Once you are on the main page, you can filter by day or by role on the top of the page.
6. Check the box to the left of the assignment to select it.
7. Once you have selected all the assignments you would like, select “Continue.”
8. On the “Profile” screen, confirm your sign up information.
9. Then on the survey screen, verify what type of veterinary professional you are.
10. You then have the option to review your selections. Then, select “Finish.”
11. You will have the opportunity to print a confirmation, but an email confirmation will be sent to you as well. This email will include a link back to the Sign Up website to allow you to make updates or edits.
The AVMA will be providing detailed instructions and training as we get closer to the convention. This training will be in the form of Ambassador and/or Moderator videos, Convention FAQs Information Packet via email and binder onsite, the Convention Program, and detailed instructions about your specific event or task.
As a Convention Ambassador, you will receive the following benefits:
- Registration Fees will be reimbursed post-convention for Ambassadors who contribute 8 or more hours of their time onsite.
- Ambassador button and ribbon recognizing your contribution to the AVMA.
Feeling of good-will and satisfaction from helping contribute to a successful convention and helping your fellow convention attendees with their questions.
Reimbursements will be processed approximately 6-8 weeks post-convention. The reimbursement will be processed back to the original form of payment that was provided during the registration process.
The following is an overview of the type of ambassador slots that we will need to fill. There will be several slots open for each of these categories on different dates and times to provide amble volunteer opportunities no matter what your schedule.
1. Moderator: Moderators are paired with CE sessions in order to -
- Introduce speakers
- Troubleshoot AV issues
- Follow overflow process
- Make sure session starts and ends on time
- Do a head count of attendees
- Complete a Moderator report (online survey) to provide information on quality of CE session and any logistical difficulties encountered
2. Interactive Lab Moderator: Interactive Lab Moderators have standard moderator duties but also have additional duties, such as making sure that attendees are on the roster and Collect and check the tickets to verify that the attendees are in the correct lab.
3. AVMA Ambassador: Welcome & greet attendees, distribute Convention newspapers, answer questions, greet shuttles & provide directional assistance
4. Concert Assistance: Assist with greeting & directional at concert venue
5. Keynote Luncheon Assistance: Welcome & greet, provide directions
6. Registration Greeter: Welcome & greet attendees, assist attendees into correct lines, provide directions & information
To sign up, click here