|Roles & Responsibilities|
1. Verify that necessary Emergency Services (Police, Fire Department, Ambulance) have been notified
2. Coordinate the employee accounting procedure in the case of evacuation emergency
3. Meet responding Emergency Service units and:
– issue a situation report
– keep in contact to provide needed information
– advise them of evacuation status (during evacuation emergencies)
4. Issue updated instructions to personnel as necessary taking into account comfort of evacuees, duration of the evacuation, time of day, etc.
5. Coordinate incidents of workplace violence
1. Assist with responding to all emergencies and communicate emergency instructions to employees
2. Communicate facts surrounding an emergency occurring in their area to the Emergency Coordinator
3. Develop plans to assist employees with disabilities to evacuate safely
4. Verify all employees are evacuated before leaving
5. Perform the head count procedure to account for all employees and communicate missing personnel to the Emergency Coordinator
6. Be the initial contact and coordinator for incidents involving workplace violence
Critical Operations DutiesEmployees who are required to remain behind during evacuation, or who are assigned special response duties, will be fully trained and equipped to ensure their safety and readiness.