Workplace violence will be handled as follows:
1. Any employee who witnesses a violent act, threat of violence or is otherwise concerned should report it to their supervisor or a member of management
2. If immediate action is necessary, s/he will:
- advise personnel most at risk to take shelter behind closed doors or to relocate to other areas of the facility
- contact emergency services or delegate another person to do so
- notify the Emergency Coordinator who will evaluate the situation, meet the police, expand the evacuation and coordinate a head count3. If immediate action is not deemed necessary, the member of management will notify the Emergency Coordinator of the incident. The Emergency Coordinator will begin an immediate investigation and evaluate the threat to personnel.