Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Register
Share |

Insurance papers


  1. a)  AVMA liability: Make sure your policy covers travel and multiple locations.

  2. b)  Business insurance

    • ß  Business umbrella

    • ß  Contents of building: Make sure you have the policy updated every 3–5 years to

      cover new equipment purchases.

    • ß  Business interruption

    • ß  Flood

    • ß  Signage

  3. c)  Professional disability

  4. d)  Health insurance 


Insurance Coverage

current and comprehensive insurance policy

discuss the details of disaster drills with your legal counsel to make sure you are covered for any injuries that might occur during the drill

receipts for all purchases

videotape and photograph inventory


Business Owners Policy, PLIT 

Business Interruption (continuing expenses) - find out exactly when it ends and what triggers the end

Extra Expenses (payment of overtime pay and relocation expenses)

Professional Extension (provides coverage for injury/loss/death of animal in a practice's care, custody or control. Normal professional liability only provides coverage during a case of treatment.

Loss of Income

Large animal and equine practitioners should consider "mobile loss of income" (which provides coverage in case a piece of equipment or vehicle cannot be used)

Personal Property (replacement value)

Automatic Inflation

Fire Damage (typically included in business packages)

Water Damage (NOT typically covered in business packages - make sure you have flood insurance if you are in a flood zone).

Debris Removal/Cleanup

Divil Ordinance Coverage (provides coverage in case the practice is unable to function because of an act of government).

Comprehensive building and structure replacement

Coverage of rented and leased equipment

Interruption of power, heating/air and sewer

Coverage of Worker's Compensation

General and professional liability


Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal