reporting cruelty, animal cruelty
Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Register
Mandatory Reporting of Suspected Animal Cruelty

Mandated Reporting of Suspected Animal Cruelty in accordance with the PAWS Act


When to report:
Anytime you suspect possible animal cruelty

Who to report to:  

1.  Your local police department or the police department in which the suspected cruelty took place.

2.  A special officer (the MSPCA or ARL):
(617) 522-6008 or (800) 628-5808
ARL Boston: (617) 426-9170 x110 or email

How to report:  

Call the police or a special officer

In addition to a verbal report, you may file a written report

Massachusetts Mandated Reporting Form


Additional resources:

Animal Cruelty Manual


MVMA strongly encourages veterinarians to establish a relationship with the ACO in your community.  

Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal