One Association, So Many Benefits
The MVMA is the unified voice of its members by:
- addressing the common concerns of you, a veterinarian;
- advocating on behalf of veterinarians and their professional interests and animal welfare in both the legislature and among regulatory agencies;
- helping you understand the complexities of legislation and the legislative process;
- employing a legal team to monitor and pursue legislative issues;
- addressing emerging issues through its array of specialty committees;
- providing advisories; and
- representing the profession to the government, the public and the media.
The MVMA is a resource by:
- providing quality continuing education throughout the year at discounted prices for members;
- receiving and disseminating up-to-date changes in laws and regulations that affect the profession;
- acting as liaison between members, the Board of Registration in Veterinary Medicine, and other regulatory agencies;
- publishing the MassVet News free to members, providing useful information, updates on important issues, ads, a calendar of events, and more;
- negotiating discount programs not available to individuals;
- Providing wellness resources;
- offering its members free classified advertisements in our newsletter every year; and
- answering all of your questions. If we don’t already have the answer, we will research and get back to you.
The MVMA is a network by:
- providing the Find a Veterinarian website tool, a resource for the public to search providers in their location;
- offering a forum for job postings on both our website and in the MassVet News – looking for a job or a new associate for your practice? We’ve got you covered;
- connecting practice owners with relief veterinarians;
- assisting potential practice buyers and practice owners in navigating the confidential business of selling and purchasing a practice;
- providing an outlet for you to share your time and talents for the benefit of the profession through participation on one or more of our committees;
- creating an issue-focused forum for members through its various committees. From the concept of One Health to diets, from large animals to wildlife, the MVMA has a committee discussing issues of the day; and
- working collaboratively with the AVMA, state VMAs, and other allied veterinary organizations to expand the reach of your network.
The MVMA is a watchdog by:
- monitoring and pursuing illegal practices and practitioners in all areas affecting veterinary medicine:
See what members are saying
We welcome your participation as a member in the Massachusetts Veterinary Medical Association and know that you will benefit and grow as a professional with us!