Pet Travel and Play
Vacation is a time for the whole family to enjoy and this often includes four-legged family members, too! But before you decide to bring your pet along, you have to ask a few questions: Can and should my pet travel with me? How should we reach our destination? Will there be accommodations for my pet? Below are just a few resources that can help you answer these questions.
If you're looking for pet-friendly events or things to do in New England, visit the Fun & Activities section below.
Here are just a few important questions to ask yourself when deciding whether or not to take your pet on vacation with you:
- What should I think about when deciding to travel with a pet?
- Whom should I contact as I'm considering travel arrangements?
- What should I bring with me on my trip?
- Where do I get a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (health certificate) and acclimation certificate, if needed?
- Can I bring my pet out of the country with me?
Health and Safety Resources
Importing pets to the U.S. and Traveling Outside the U.S. with Pets – from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Certificate of Veterinary Inspection - Contact your local USDA Area Office for more information
Healthy Pet Hospital Locator – Find an American Animal Hospital Association accredited hospital where you plan to travel